Underrated Products - Models Own Kohl Pencil | TheLuckyDiamond: Underrated Products - Models Own Kohl Pencil

Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Underrated Products - Models Own Kohl Pencil


Many people are always on the search for a kohl liner that doesn't run or smudge, most result to buying high end pencils in the hope they will work but are often disappointed. I picked up this Models Own kohl pencil on a whim about five years ago and have repurchased ever since...


I believe the reason that this little gem lies pretty much uncovered is that fact that people think Models Own just do nail polishes. Either that or they feel as there isn't much hype over Models Own cosmetic products therefore they are going to be rubbish. This kohl pencil proves that isn't always the case.
What attracted me to this pencil at first was the fact it has a sharpener in the lid (A SHARPENER IN THE LID)! I had never seen this before and was absolutely amazed by it and the idea of never having to hunt for my sharpener again pretty much sold this to me. The sharpener is absolutely amazing, it is honestly the best sharpener I have ever used. Within a couple of twists the pencil is perfectly sharp and what I especially love about this pencil is the fact it isn't soft therefore keeps its point when applying it.
I always purchase the shade black, I believe they do brown, white and red too. I know it is pretty hard to describe a black shade but this is perfect, just a soft black (if that's even a description?!) which I prefer over the jet black pencils as find they can look a bit harsh. The other thing I love about this pencil is at the other end is a smudger and although I thought it didn't look that promising at first, it works wonders! It smudges and blends out the pencil beautifully and if you want to see me in action with it click here.

Of course the main question is...

Does this run or smudge?

Nope! I can easily get 6-8 hours wear out of this without it moving at all, which in my mind, is unbelievable. Compared to all the other, much more expensive liners I have tried this exceeds them by miles and is everything I could want for in a pencil. For only £3.99 this is an absolute steal and for you girls out there who want a pencil that lasts, even in the waterline, I highly recommend it! If you want to purchase it click here.

What kohl pencil is your 'go to'?






3 comments:

  1. Hey love, I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://rimmelsmudge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/second-liebster-award.html
    Sorry if you have already taken part before. If you do choose to take part please comment on my post and let me know! I’d love to read it! Thanks x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the second or third nomination I have received lol! Thank you hun, once Halloween is out of the way it will be my first post up! Just so caught up in halloween stuff atm! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Maybelline Master Smokey eyeliner. May have to give this a go though.
    Great post!
    simpleandcuriousliving.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete